Click on right here to get a PDF of this submit
- Most merchants are aware of the most well-liked buying and selling e book of all time Reminiscences of a Inventory Operator by Edwin Lefèvre that describes Livermore’s life by means of a fictional character, however few know that he wrote a buying and selling e book close to the tip of his life referred to as How I Commerce in Shares that didn’t sale properly at publication attributable to timing with World Struggle 2.
- When Black Tuesday hit on October 29, 1929 and the market crashed, Livermore made $100 million going brief.
- In 1927, two burglars broke into the Livermore’s residence and held him and his spouse at gunpoint.
- Porn star Brandi Love who was kicked out of a conservative convention final week is the great-granddaughter of legendary dealer Jesse Livermore. Her precise identify is Tracey Lynn Livermore.
- Jesse Livermore had a son named Jesse Livermore Jr. and a grandson named Jesse Livermore III.
- Jesse Livermore Sr. didn’t attend Jesse Livermore Jr.’s wedding ceremony however as a gift purchased his son a Connecticut Pepsi-Cola franchise. The younger man couldn’t deal with the Pepsi-Cola franchise and offered it to keep away from chapter. 
- It’s popularly believed that Livermore died broke, this isn’t true, he arrange a belief for himself after one in all his comebacks to verify he would by no means be broke once more. Based on the books on Livermore that I’ve learn he had untouchable trusts and money property at his dying totaling over $5 million.
- On November 28, 1940, simply after 5:30 pm, Livermore fatally shot himself with an Automated Colt Pistol within the cloakroom of The Sherry-Netherland resort in Manhattan, the place he normally had cocktails. Police discovered a suicide word of 8 small handwritten pages in Livermore’s private, leather-bound pocket book. The word was addressed to Livermore’s spouse, Harriet (whom Livermore nicknamed “Nina”), and it learn, “My pricey Nina: Can’t assist it. Issues have been unhealthy with me. I’m uninterested in combating. Can’t keep it up any longer. That is the one method out. I’m unworthy of your love. I’m a failure. I’m actually sorry, however that is the one method out for me. Love Laurie”.
- His son, Jesse Livermore Jr., died by suicide in 1975. His grandson Jesse Livermore III additionally killed himself. 
- The under photograph is of Jesse Livermore and his spouse Nina on the Stork Membership in New York on Nov. 28, 1940, lower than 24 hours earlier than the previous “Boy surprise of Wall Avenue” shot and killed himself. Donald Arden, membership photographer, requested Livermore if he would possibly take his image. Arden quoted Livermore as saying, “By no means; but it surely’s the final image you’ll take, as a result of tomorrow I’m going away for an extended, very long time.” (AP Picture)