In offering a basis for cybersecurity developments over time, NIST has taken the worldwide context into consideration when figuring out priorities and approaches. Our participation in Requirements Growing Organizations (SDOs) has expanded steadily, and we encourage worldwide participation within the growth of our personal applications and assets. As we have fun the 50th anniversary of cybersecurity at NIST, it’s extra essential than ever that we work with our companions all over the world.
NIST’s rising influence on the worldwide stage is mirrored within the many translations of our signature assets, together with the Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), the Privateness Framework, and the Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity (NICE Framework). Our outreach on cybersecurity and privateness assets continues to play a key function in making certain worldwide alignment on these assets. Latest engagement contains participation on the RSA Convention (RSAC) in San Francisco, Israel Cyber Week in Tel Aviv, Worldwide Cybersecurity Problem (ICC) in Athens, Greece, and occasions with Brazil.
- At RSAC, NIST had the chance to interact with authorities and trade companions from all over the world. We shared data on a variety of completely different subjects, together with the CSF replace, the Privateness Framework, IoT cybersecurity, zero belief structure, Synthetic Intelligence (AI), and plenty of different subjects. We additionally:
- participated within the Worldwide Cybersecurity Discussion board, the place we shared details about the CSF replace and just lately launched abstract of research, in addition to invited engagement and participation from worldwide stakeholders on this course of;
- shared details about the Cybersecurity Framework Profile on Ransomware Threat Administration, which is accessible in Spanish and Portuguese;
- hosted a Birds of a Feather session on the CSF replace course of that touched on lots of the themes within the abstract of research of the preliminary request for data, together with the significance of worldwide engagement and alignment with worldwide requirements; and
- shared details about the CSF replace in an occasion hosted by the Coalition to Scale back Cyber Threat (CR2) who spoke about their just lately launched cybersecurity pledge.
- At Israel Cyber Week, we had conversations with a number of worldwide stakeholders and supplied perception on the CSF replace throughout a session on Bridging Worldwide Approaches to Cyber Threat Administration. Audio system from NIST and the Coalition to Scale back Cyber Threat (CR2) mentioned the significance of a typical strategy, how the CSF has served as a bridge between approaches, the CSF replace course of, and CR2’s current initiatives.
- On the Worldwide Cybersecurity Problem (ICC), NIST’s Nationwide Initiative for Cybersecurity Schooling (NICE) accompanied the first-ever US Cyber Staff to Athens, Greece. Main as much as the problem, NICE, in cooperation with Katzcy, led a yr and a half lengthy effort referred to as the US Cyber Video games to convey collectively elite cybersecurity athletes, coaches, and trade leaders to assist scout, choose, and practice the US Cyber Staff. The Staff competed in opposition to seven teams from over 50 counties and left Athens securing third place within the general competitors. Season two of the US Cyber Video games has already begun, and we’re trying ahead to internet hosting the subsequent ICC within the U.S. See the Summer time 2022 NICE eNewsletter for extra particulars about this occasion.
- At two current occasions with Brazil, we mentioned cybersecurity approaches and assets. We shared views on these subjects with guests from Brazil at an Data Know-how Business Council (ITI) occasion on “Cybersecurity in Brazil: Alternatives and Challenges for a Digital Society.” We additionally participated nearly in a U.S. – Brazil Cybersecurity and Commerce Workshop on the invitation of the Worldwide Commerce Administration (ITA) that centered on governmental insurance policies and competencies on cybersecurity.
We proceed to welcome worldwide guests to NIST, together with current delegations from Italy and Australia to debate a variety of cybersecurity subjects. These conversations supply us a possibility to study from our companions and profit from them on initiatives just like the CSF replace course of. NIST will proceed these conversations on the CSF replace with stakeholders in an digital workshop on August 17, which is able to embrace a panel on worldwide alignment.
Lastly, we proceed so as to add to the rising assortment of translations that may be discovered on our Worldwide Cybersecurity and Privateness Sources web page. Latest additions embrace:
As we sit up for constructing on our basis for cybersecurity development, working with our worldwide companions will stay an essential element of our efforts. We stay up for ongoing engagement and fruitful partnerships across the globe.
For questions or to debate alternatives for worldwide engagement, attain out to us at intl-cyber-privacy [at] nist.gov.