Listed here are 15 inquiries to ask a grant skilled you’re contemplating for a job:
1) What’s your grant writing success price? One of the best ways to find out a hit price is to divide the variety of accredited grants by the variety of submissions.
2) What are some examples of grants you’ve gotten obtained?
3) How a lot cash have you ever obtained in grants?
4) What’s your major space of grant writing experience?
5) What’s the primary sort of funders you’ve gotten approached? For instance, have you ever primarily approached non-public companies and foundations or public authorities companies on a federal, state or native degree?
6) What has been the principle focus of your grants… like training, well being, human providers, arts and tradition, surroundings?
7) What sorts of bills have you ever gotten funding for… like seed cash, curriculum growth, and journey?
8) What expertise do you’ve gotten within the space of grant searching for? What expertise do you’ve gotten in the right way to analysis and discover funders to fulfill our company’s wants?
9) What expertise do you’ve gotten in program design and growth? What sort of methods would you utilize to design and develop applications in our company? What concepts do it’s a must to get enter from stakeholders and construct partnerships?
10) What expertise do you’ve gotten in writing proposals? What coaching or expertise do you’ve gotten in crafting an efficient grant software and writing a convincing case for funding? What coaching or expertise do you’ve gotten in analyzing requests for proposal (RFP’s), together with parts of ordinary proposals (e.g., downside statements, motion plans, timelines, analysis, and so on.), and making a persuasive argument?
11) What expertise do you’ve gotten in grant administration? What expertise do you’ve gotten in finishing experiences precisely and well timed, making certain regulatory compliance, and facilitating completions of actions outlined within the grant’s exercise timeline and analysis plan?
12) What’s your most well-liked mode of communication? Learn how they like to speak (i.e., by cellphone, electronic mail, textual content messaging, on the spot messaging, social media, and so on.).
13) What’s your response price for emails or cellphone calls? Discover out up entrance, how rapidly they are going to reply to emails or cellphone calls (My response price is usually 20 minutes. Nevertheless, I point out up entrance that I’ve a 24-hour response coverage), how typically they are going to replace you on standing, timelines for completion, and deadlines.
14) How do you handle issues which may come up? Asking this query up entrance gives you an concept about how the candidate will method fixing issues. Ask for a particular instance of how they’ve addressed an issue previously.
15) What are your expectations?
Source by Phil Johncock
Leave a Reply